Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Rains Came—and show season begins

The cloudbursts these last few days have left the yard soaked and made it hard to make it from the house to my studio. At one point yesterday, the rains fell so heavily that it couldn’t drain fast enough and the back patio had an inch of water on it. But… we do need the rain. We’re still in drought mode.

Next week I’ll be attending the Contemporary Craft Market at Fort Mason in San Francisco. I am a member of the Baulines Craft Guild, and the promoter, RoyHelms, has graciously donated space again this year for the organization. We each get to exhibit one piece, and I’ll be there to help set up and tear down. I’ll also be in the booth to answer questions Sunday afternoon. Oh yes, the dates and time: March 14 and 15, 10am to 5pm.

The following week I’ll be heading to Arizona for the Scottsdale Arts Festival. This show often ranks as one of the top shows in the country, and I think this is my fifth year there. It’s a fun show and very well attended. It runs March 20-22. It’s open 10am to 6pm, Friday and Saturday, and 10am to 5pm on Sunday.

Meanwhile, back at the Studio…

After finally finishing “The Burgermeister”, my new Pennsylvania German Scheitholt, I scheduled a photo shoot with Paul Schraub Photography, Banjo-dulcimer-Ram-detail-72my long-standing and excellent  photographer. I took around 7 new pieces to get photographed, and they’ll soon be up on my web site. For now, here’s a couple of thumbnails of my newer pieces.Epinette-PhilippeClement-detail-72

 

 

 

 

Cantigas Psaltery-72

 

 

 

 

 

 

Onward through the fog…

No comments: